Friday, November 14, 2008

i'm going international...

I have this new person in my life... Amy... we are connected in many ways and yet we have never met... she is my brother's neighbor... she has stayed in my parents house... her kids are friends with my nieces... we appear to have a lot in common...

she was tricked in to visiting my blog from facebook ~ her first love... now she is hooked on this blog thing... she's got a new look... she's got a new name... and she's even taken on the challenge of 30 posts in 30 days... she is hooked... there is no going back for amy... and i hope some day real soon i get to meet her...

so what does this have to do with going international??? she gave me this award...


and it is by far the most bizarre i have ever seen.... according to Amy... she thought that it said "This blog invests and accredits in proximity", but she turned to an online translator because it didn't make any sense... and learned it is a colloquialism that translates into "This Blog believes in proximity?" still no idea what that has to do with anything... i'm thinking since it has crossed over to north america we can give it some new meaning... what i'm not sure... any idea???

so leave me some comment love about what you think it means... and be sure to stop by and visit amy and give her some love to while you are in the mood....

7 thoughts:

Amy W said...

Marla, this weird, but strangely wonderful, award really does translate directly into what I thought it did... After more thought, I think perhaps it means that This Blog affirms an International Close-ness of Spirit! Yes, I am sure that is what it means to say, because, after all, that is exactly what all these crazy wonderful bloggers that are finding each other all over the world are experiencing. ;-) Right?

p.s. I LOVE your new Super Clic Stic badge! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I think it means "visit your damn brother because he has proximity to me."

Unknown said...

I think it means that even though we may be very FAR apart geographically, blogging brings us all closer together! Congrats on your award! : )

Anti-Supermom said...

I took two years of Latin in college and no way can I help you with what it really means.

An award is an award and they all make us happy, right?!

Aunt Julie said...

Isn't this a fun award? And it means so much, too! BTW, I'm celebrating 150 Posts with an Award and a Pop'rs Giveaway...please come visit soon!

~Caroline~ said...

I thinki it means that even though we may be far apart, blogging keeps us close.

Congrats on the award!

~Caroline~ said...

I thinki it means that even though we may be far apart, blogging keeps us close.

Congrats on the award!