Wednesday, July 23, 2008

orange car... really?


so it seems that many of you are wondering what the story is behind my orange car...
first things first...

I picked this color... and I LOVE my car.
second thing... it is my company car... and I got it in February...
what is it?... Saturn Vue...

so why did I pick orange? technically it is called sunburst orange...

there are really 2 reasons... one I'm sick of coming out in to the parking lot to a sea of tan, white and black and not being able to find my car... then there is the whole dreary NW winter where I figured a little color would do me good... and lastly... and frankly completely cheesy... I work for BIC... and our main color is orange...



not really but that is what I tell people when I'm looking for another reason...

This would also be a good place to insert one of my favorite gas station stories...

in sales I'm at the gas station a lot and in my new ride I get comments... one man... 300 + lb African American catholic with the personality of the world came up to me and asked what color I called my car because he was certain he wanted that to be the color of his casket...

8 thoughts:

Aunt Julie said...

You know, Big Bear met Little Red 5 years ago when he worked at a car dealership and he sold her a Saturn! They're good little cars, aren't they? Don't forget--the more you comment on my blog this week, the more chances you have to win! :)

Anti-Supermom said...

How cool is that, you are driving around a car that someone actually desires as their casket color? Awesome, not many people can claim that.

The story was too funny, thanks for sharing!

Wendi said...

Love your orange car!
Not at all what I envisioned.
Much. better.
Thanks for sharing that little story.
Hilarious.
I hope I never see a casket that color.

The Mom Jen said...

BEAUTIFUL layout over here girl! I love it!

Carol said...

Love the car! So true you'll never struggle to find it.

I had never given casket colour serious consideration....until now!

Laural Out Loud said...

Orange is one of my favorite colors. I like to see bursts of it here and there. But your car, it is awsome. It's the perfect orange color! Now I want one!

McMommy said...

Personally, I LOVE THE ORANGE!!! If I saw your car parked somewhere, I would think "whoever drives that car has a fun personality!" I would!

I like people who are bold and like to stand out from the crowd!

Unknown said...

I love that color. I think it really fits your car! Happy POW!