Wednesday, February 25, 2009

i used to love my car...


a year ago i got my saturn vue... it's great... comfy ride... sporty orange... and because it's a company car it's free...

who wouldn't love it... it's my 4th car since i've been with BIC... at the first one i truly love... but i never should have said that out loud...

this thing is a lemon i'm convinced... already been to the dealership twice and today after a vendor meeting i go out to start my car and the key won't turn in the ignition... i get other people to try thinking i'm just a tool... but no one can make it work... 3 hours later, 5 phone calls, and a whole lot of frustration... the tow truck driver shows up...

i know how to fix this... just bank on the key with a hammer??? WTF... are you kidding me???

he gets out his rubber mallet puts the key in the ignition and then hammers on it like a nail in to the key hole... guess what is worked...

i wanted to scream... instead i laughed... and learned it is a common problem with Saturn... Ford... and some Chevy's....

so if you ever go out to your car and the key won't turn over... you've wiggled the steering wheel and nothing changes... get out a mallet and hammer away...

2 thoughts:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Seriously? A hammer? That's just a little bit odd...gotta say.

And, every time you mention bic, my heart goes pitter-patter for my love of office supplies. Yes, I'm a dork:)

Alex the Girl said...

I wonder if that mallet thing works on other things besides key ignitions.

Hello from SiTS