Wednesday, February 18, 2009

lego land california...


i mentioned last week that this was my favorite place on earth... i'm sure you thought i was kidding... some moms love disney, the beach, six flags... i LOVE lego land... partly because i'm the mother of a lego loving boy... but also because it is just fascinating what they can make out of legos...

like the inauguration....




lobsters....


i also love this place because you can do it in a day without feeling rushed... granted i haven't been there in the summer when i'm sure it is much more crowded but i have done it around spring break twice and both times the lines were manageable and the fun was there....


this visit was like a private event... it was cold for so. cal... 52 i think... and raining off and on... more like deluging off and on... the wind would pick up out of no where... 25 mph... which was the sign to take cover... and then the clouds would open up.... my only wish is that i had been dressed properly for the day... i was prepared for 70's not 50's... and not rain...

if you go, don't fear the rain.... just dress for it... hit costco in Carlsbad on your way to get your discount tickets and make sure to take lots of pictures...

9 thoughts:

The Mom Jen said...

the inaug. legos are amazing, my husband and son would love to be employed there to design all that stuff!

pb&j in a bowl said...

I've always wanted to go there and when I mention it, people look at me like I'm crazy. Oh well- nice to know I'm not alone.

Amy W said...

Oh my gosh.... Can't wait to get to the LegoLand in Europe!!!! My boys will all go nuts (and Mommy and Daddy might lose it a little bit, too!:))

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Looks like a great time!

Aunt Julie said...

So cool! I've always wondered where these Lego Artistes get the patience and the ideas for all these wonderful creations.

kel said...

I want to go there!!!

pixie said...

Wow! It sounds great! Volcano would LOVE it -- he went crazy at the Lego store. You know, I lived in California for over 30 years and never went there! I'll have to make a point next time I visit.

Unknown said...

THis is too funny...we went to California in 2004...I hadn't scraped any of it yet, so I took advantage of the sales and had a book made...I took more pictures at legoland than disney or any other...simply because I was in awe of what they did...

Love your pictures...and btw, the book just came today, so it was fun reliving it....

Ashley said...

Those are such fun pictures! I can't believe I've never been there, even though my parents live about 20 minutes away from it. I will have to go!