Wednesday, August 5, 2009

make way for the paklets...


when i was a kid we read make way for ducklings... a real classic even today... loved this book so much that i bought it before i even had kids...

B could have cared less about it... he went to the public garden to see them when he was only 6 months old... at that point he couldn't sit thru the whole book... and he preferred duck is dirty... another family fav... and has about 25 total words in it...


but chuckleberry loves this book... it's one of the two I read to him all the time... perhaps your remember the post about my grandma passing... when i mentioned she helped me find the lost book... anyway...

i was determined that i was taking C to see the ducklings before we headed home... so on our way to take me to the airport we stopped in the public garden for a picnic, a ride on the swan boat and a photo op... it was so awesome to see his face light up when we walked in to the park and he was putting it all together... just AWESOME... i even got a little tear in my eye i was so happy...


he's sitting on the duckling "pack" in this one :)

3 thoughts:

Patrice said...

How sweet!! Make Way For Ducklings was a favorite in our house when my sister & I were growing up! Adorable pictures! :)

Ashley said...

Which park is that? It's beautiful!

Mamí♥Picture said...

What a beautiful park!
Great shots BTW!
My fave is the second one, so perfect!