Saturday, October 18, 2008

heading home...

*** this is not my cheeriest post...and rambling... but I have to get these things out...

as I was getting on the plane I was wondering why I had picked a window seat... I'm a road warrior and I love my aisle seat... I settled in... tried to watch the movie... read my USA today... my people... turn on the ipod... nothing was working... super hobby and B are sitting way behind me and my mind is spinning...

somehow now that I'm on the plane the tightening in my chest is worse... there are even more tears.... it's like now that I'm on the plane I realize this really is the goodbye...

I decided to open the shade and look out the window... that is when I see the shadow of my plane in the clouds... (i don't know how obvious it is in this photo since i'm doing the mobile blog thing from my phone) I've never seen that before... because I never sit at the window.... I start thinking. about all the things that have happened since my grandma passed on wednesday....

I had not been able to find a ring she gave me for my 18 th b-day... it should have been in my jewelry box but it wasn't... then on thursday there it was where I always thought it was but wasn't... several weeks ago I misplaced the book make way for ducklings... C loves it, and I remember my gma reading it to me... I was ready to buy a new one until last night when I was packing and found it right there by my bed where I had looked a thousand times the last few weeks... my gma always talked about the elves who took things and then brought them back when they were done...

I've decided that she has arranged to have those elves give me a break this week and give me back my stuff... and to help me see things I wouldn't normally see like this cool shadow out my plane window... which lead me to mobile blog to pass the time...
thank you for looking out for me gamma!

9 thoughts:

Brooks said...

ooohh. Just know that you are right. She is giving you a break this week. She is helping you grieve so that you are not sad. She wants you to be happy and remember to celebrate her life.
I lost my father in August and had a really hard time accepting that. It will get better, I promise.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I'm so sorry for your lose.
When my dad passed 2 years ago weird things happened like that to us. I would just say, Thanks Dad.
Thinking of you.
Betty

Anti-Supermom said...

Marla,
It looks like your are in a 'good' perspective. I've been thinking about you and your family.

Well wishes, always.

Carol said...

What a lovely post.

I am sure she is watching over you.

Aunt Julie said...

Marla: I'm so sorry for you. What a sweet post!

Mrs4444 said...

Hugs to you, Marla. Sweet post.

Aunt Julie said...

BTW, don't forget that we're starting a Great New Pop'rs Halloween Giveaway at my place today...22 different, fun prizes. Even Previous Winners like you are eligible to enter, too...Come play, today!

Mariah said...

Sweet post Marla, and you have a great perspective...


This is insane mama. This is my new blog.
http://manicmariah.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

I dont mean to just jump in with such a personal post ... but this was a great one ... I hope the days are getting a little easier for you ... hugs from the person who gets to send you the traveling bloggy box of goodness:)