Thursday, June 4, 2009

discussions with an almost 8 year old...

pick him up from school -

me - hope you had a good day

b - fine

me - we have to go get a CAT scan today

b- what is that... do they put a bunch of cats all over you?

me - almost pee my pants right there in the school parking lot except now all the other moms are looking at me...
side note - what is the deal with the elementary school parking lot? it's like the cool kids (aka moms in the know) rule the lot... just like going back to jr. high as i've said many times before...

remember i'm that un-cool mom who works outside the home so not everyone is embracing me... i pull it together and smile knowing that i still laugh every day with my kids...


we are waiting for CT scan...

b - it was so hot today

me - sure was

b - i'd hate to be a robber on a hot day like today

me - why?

b - because they wear all that black - cap, face mask, long sleeved black shirt, black pants... they must be cooking...

me - smiling at how simple life can be and realizing even at almost 8 you are still a little boy...

14 thoughts:

annies home said...

you are so right about all the moms at school. I have been there and so happy my kids are older now

if you want to follow me on twitter you just hit the bird on my blog or you can find me at shopannies

good luck in the contest you entered on my blog

Lisa said...

thats so cute, I love how children just talk about anything .

Unknown said...

LOL smart kid. When he goes into the bank robbing business he knows he can only work in the cooler months. Kids say the weirdest things sometimes..

Days of Whine & Noses said...

totally right about the moms at school, they must be the ones who can't let go of their 'popularity' in high school and have little self-esteem (don't get me started!)

Anti-Supermom said...

Completely logical conversations :)

I love hearing stuff that reminds me that they are still just kids.

Mamí♥Picture said...

Hi Marla,
I loved your site!!!
I've given you the "One Lovely Blog Award". Please stop by and check it out.
~Rocio
http://www.rociocobosandhercamera.com/

Days of Whine & Noses said...

I just gave you a One Lovely Blog Award! Go to my blog to check it out!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Cute..haha Stopping in from the June Comment Challenge :)

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I also wonder what is up with the cool moms too. I gave up high school cliqueyness when I graduated!

Sarah said...

LOL - We just completed kindergarten at our elementary school....and I'm hoping our parking lot is not like that...otherwise I have been obliviously living in my own little world :) And we thought that only kids could be so cruel. I guess there are those that never grow up.

Such a funny son. Don't you wish they would keep telling you things like that and never grow old enough to sensor?

Lisa said...

I love your post especially since I am familiar with the cat scans. I totally get the feeling like the mom on the "outside" my reason is we live in a different neighborhood than the moms whose kids went to school with my oldest son so I feel out of the loop.
Anyhow, you have a lovely blog, stopped over from Rocia.

I am Harriet said...

Marla- I agree- she is a freak! A plastic surgery looking freak at that! Those cheek in-plants, the over lipo'd thighs, those lips ......

Anyway, someone will hit 1000 probably in an other week and a half. There are people who sit around commenting other people all day. Can't imagine it....

Leslie said...

I don't know about the "schools" yet, and those cliques. My son starts kindergarten August 2010. *sniff* sniff* wahhhhh~~~~ Oh sorry (pulling it together) But um, yeah, back to you. I love hearing kid conversations. They are getting smarter every day huh? And still, just kids.

My Trendy Tykes said...

you have a little comedian in the making!