Friday, June 5, 2009

heard on the way to school...

C and i went to pick up big brother from school...

C is a chatter box... he has theories about everything at the ripe age of 3...

today we discussed worms and slugs...

we live in slug country so in some ways they are almost like pets to our boys...

when B was this age i took this photo... you can tell from his expression just how much he loved them... we had just gotten back from our trip east and it was waiting at the front door... you would have thought it was the ice cream truck...


he asked to have me take his picture with it :)

what does this have to do with my walk you ask...

just that when i asked C what slugs do
he said "they drink mom"
me "what?"
him "rain water from the clouds mom... that is why they are everywhere here...it rains a lot"

11 thoughts:

Leslie said...

OK, that's just too cute! And he wanted his picture taken with it. Sweet. :)

Leslie said...

Oh, and I had to post another comment. Your "Word verification" now says "LABIA". Nice.

Lisa said...

It is so fun to stop and listen to the kids chatter, they can be so funny.
We have slugs too....they are disgusting. until we moved into this house we are in now, I never knew about slugs just snails... I see their shiny trail every now and then in the morning...ewe....


I am glad you like Canon in D, it is my favorite my oldest son will be competing with that song in Solo Ensemble on the piano. He already has a wedding he will be playing for, his cousin's wedding.

needle+thread said...

awwww... that's just sweet.

I am Harriet said...

Hi Marla!
I'm just stopping by to thank you for signing up to take the comment challenge this month.
Looks like you're off to a good start.

Michelle J said...

Too cute! He is right it does rain a lot!

AP Mommy said...

haha kids are so funny sometime and I love their views on the world.

Leslie said...

What a smart little guy!

And that picture cracks me up (when it's not grossing me out!) Aren't boys the funnest?!

Stacie said...

Don't kids say the cutest things. I am not a bug lover but that picture of him with the slug is adorable!! Stopping by from Harriet's Comment Challenge

Jen Majors (The Avon Lady) said...

Dropping by from the Comment Challenge

what a cutie you have!

Mamí♥Picture said...

Aww, he is a Cutie Pie!!!