Monday, June 1, 2009

never enough space...

my boys rooms are a mess... and the kind people at all children's furniture had some ideas for me that were definitely worth sharing...

Between all of the gear and accessories needed for after school sports and extracurricular activities your children are involved in on a regular basis, it’s easy for them to come home to a cluttered room. Since bedrooms typically include a collection of kids furniture for sleeping, school, and playtime, it’s important to keep the space as organized as possible to keep children on task.

Encourage your children to maintain a clean environment by implementing storage bins for books and toys, a compartmentalized student desk for school supplies, and bookshelves for holding textbooks or decorative items to help add style and charm to the room... i'm working on this.. but 2 boys don't care so much about charm :)...

  • Foldable canvas storage containers can serve as a free-for-all organization unit for the assortment of toys, accessories, clothing, and other items your family uses on a daily basis.
  • Color-coded bins can be placed off to the side and not only help maintain a clean area but also add a splash of color to the room’s overall design.

In your children’s bedroom, it’s always a good idea to... establish creative and quiet spaces that promote arts and crafts activities for one part of the day and study sessions or reading for another... Consider designating a quiet corner in the kid’s bedroom for a desk or study table that will provide them with the room they need to complete school projects and homework...i'm all over this one... we did this for B and he's definitely keeping the "stuff" in his room more... you know those piles of paper they come home with every day from school...BONUS!

Another affordable and convenient option for storing extra gear is with an accent toy chest that can be placed in front of the bed or in the playroom section of the room. Be sure to include an open bin construction for younger children as a safety precaution so that they don’t risk falling inside or catch their fingers on the hinge. Once you have established a clutter-free zone for your children’s rooms, it will be even easier for everyone to find exactly what they are looking for at any given moment and stay on task every day.... imagine how quickly you could get out for your day of adventure in the morning...

6 thoughts:

Yen said...

oh,same with my brothers room, totally mess up. they dont know how to sort things.(smiles)

Vickie said...

Ugh! Both of my kids rooms are messy. Alot of times, I have to make a trail so I can get to their beds:)

Good luck with your comment challenge!

Vickie said...

Opps! Thanks for visiting my blog! Yes, I am using this as another comment:)

Lisa said...

great ideas, Im in the middle of moving and I'm always trying to keep my boys room organized but it is hard with all the things that they have ! Specially when one of them is into very sport you can think of!

Unknown said...

Great ideas! My two oldest love their rooms clean -- so no problems there. My 3 years old I would love to redo his room and make him little areas to play! TFS and for coming by today!

Kristen said...

I'm still working on my clutter. My 4 year old is neater then me!