Saturday, September 6, 2008

blogging without high speed internet...

just imagine if you lived in a city or suburb where there wasn't high speed Internet... does anyone remember those days... or are you stuck in those days...

I had email in 1992... i remember how long it took to get the email thru my dial up back then... ouch... thankfully i only knew 2 people who also had email...

I think it's what keeps me from wanting to move out to the sticks... get away from the craziness that is puget sound...but oh the things we would have to give up... at the top of the list... Target, Costco, Trader Joe's and high speed internet... how can one blog???

I need my connection... I was without my computer the last few nights and I feel very disconnected... I'm the one who blogged almost every day of her 2 week vacation...

Guess what they have for this problem....

Hughes net

HughesNet is the broadband internet access solution that’s availableeverywhere – all you need is a clear view of the southern sky. HughesNetuses advanced two-way satellite technology to give you a super fast, alwayson Internet connection so there’s no more dialing-up, logging on or waitingaround. With HughesNet, you can surf the Internet at super-fast speeds, workfrom home or manage a small business. HughesNet provides broadband Internet
access to areas where fiber, cable or DSL are not available.



So now if I could just get over my Costco, Trader Joes and Target addiction I could move to the wide open spaces... imagine the blog possibility of living far away... we could all have these great farms like Kristen's parents from loving our simple life... and tell everyone about it without the sacrifice of our high speed... come to think of it i could do all my shopping on line with my high speed internet and make a monthly pilgrimage to for what I can't order online...

3 thoughts:

Kristen said...

Seriously, being at my parent's makes me want to move to wide open spaces. Our house seems even more "neighborhoody" since being away.

But the internet is slower. And there aren't any Costco's. Target, that would be a hard one. A really hard one.

Is there an announcement coming?? Are you leaving the city??

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Gee...I don't think I could do without the high speed...I did it for two days when the hubby and I went away and that was okay...but forever? And then, no Target? Are you leaving?

Wendi said...

I am so going to check this out.
Sounds so cool.
I never want to go back to the days of dial up.
Back then my email would reach like 800 before I would check it.
So.slow.