Friday, September 19, 2008

Matt Damon Rips Sarah Palin

regardless of where you fall politically... this one made me think... and think some more...

and watch again... because he's so cute!

then i read this on the same blog i found this video... it's from my old class mate kid rock... that's right i went to romeo jr high with him - but i knew him as bobby richie, the rapping dancing cute boy all the girls crushed on...


“I truly believe that people like myself, who are in a position of entertainers in the limelight, should keep their mouth shut on politics.Because at the end of the day, I’m good at writing songs and singing. What I’m not educated in is the field of political science. And so for me to be sharing my views and influencing people of who I think they should be voting for … I think would be very irresponsible on my part.”

9 thoughts:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Amen, Kid Rock! I totally agree. Why do people listen to celebrities about politics, etc?

Carol said...

You went to school with Kid Rock? How funny.

Oh and I love Matt Damon I had forgotten that til I saw that clip.

Kristen said...

I love that you went to school with Kid Rock!! So is he as tiny as he looks on tv? He looks really short and petite on the VMA's.

And Amen, although everyone is allowed their opinions, you shouldn't be irresponisible and assume that everyone wants the same opinion as you have!

Good post!

Aunt Julie said...

I think I pretty much agree with your friend, Kid Rock. Or Bobby Richie, as the case may be. But I do think Sarah Palin has about as much business running for VP as Matt Damon does commenting on her qualifications! Hey, did you get the Pop'rs? Do you like 'em? Let me know!

Annie said...

I hadn't seen that...where have I been? He made some good points, but Kid Rock's were spot on!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Kid Rock! Heh... but hey... what does he know about the National Guard and he's got some promo thing going on (that had a huge poster board at the theater I was at today) - go to yahoo and search National Guard Warrior and you can download his song for free! Heh.

I think we all have opinions about the subject... but the awful truth of the matter is... how can we ever truly know these people? All we can rely on is Google, media, and what they say on TV. And how real is all that?! Heh. :)

Thanks for swinging by my blog! You'll crack the whip for me on my weight, right?! Ha. What I didn't say in that post was that I just learned that I'm 20 pounds away from where my mother is. And she's only an inch shorter than me. I always thought she was heavy... and bigger than me... and then I noticed that she started to share some of her clothes with me... and then her friends started to share their fat clothes with me... and now I'm in full boar gotta-do-something-about-this mode. Heh.

Tenakim said...

Kid Rock? That's funny! I've learned to try and hold my tongue on politics out here, as it's not recieved too well, but I think Matt Damon's analogy to a 'bad Disney movie' is just plain funny!

Cheryl Lage said...

Love Kid Rock's perspective! (How fun that he's "Bobby" to you!)

So glad to have found your blog...thanks for following mine, I'm adding you to my regular reads!

Cheryl Lage said...

Love Kid Rock's perspective! (How fun that he's "Bobby" to you!)

So glad to have found your blog...thanks for following mine, I'm adding you to my regular reads!