Thursday, September 18, 2008

the fleas have taken over...

the fleas love B... he is covered in bites... my ankles are covered in bites... they have taken over...

first step...
treat cats... check

second step....
clean out B's room - specifically his bed area where we believe they are thriving... he loves blankets... his bed is full of blankets... cats love to sleep there... check

strip down bed... check

lift up mattress to vacuum... check

looks like the fleas are hiding toys...



*** i am open to any ideas you have about taking down the fleas... because they must go...

7 thoughts:

kristin said...

Hey! It looks like you snuck in and took a pic underneath My kids' beds. :-)

sorry about the fleas. knock on wood, we haven't had that problem.

Anti-Supermom said...

Sorry, I have no flea ideas, maybe it's just to sucky here in Minnesota to have fleas. (They know that the rock start location is in fact Washington)

Darn, smart fleas...

Amy W said...

so sorry about the fleas!!! Hope the eradication is going well. I haven't had to deal with this in our house, but I would think that a weekend away might be nice for you and the family- maybe an overnight at a hotel with indoor pool/playland? - and just bomb the heck out of the house while you are gone.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Hmmmm....maybe call a bug person?

If not that, boric acid will kill the buggars. You can buy it at home depot, etc, it will probably say it kills roaches and ants, but it works on fleas, too. You can just sprinkle it on your carpet. Heck, we put it under our couch cushions, too.

Anonymous said...

Well that's not good! We don't have fleas over here in eastern Washington...not sure why!? Sorry I'm not of any help, if I find something out I will let you know.

That's funny, looks like my kids bedroom sometimes too!

Take care,
Kimberlie

Dawn said...

My cats have fleas for the first time that I can remember and I read the other day that fleas are really bad in our area - worse than normal. I've heard if you put a bowl of water under a bright light the fleas will jump in there and die. Not sure if it works...just something i've heard!

Mom said...

Here in the country we do have fleas. I give our cat and dog (they go in and out several times during the day) a bath every other day using Dawn dish soap. It really helps don't know why but it does and it world better than the high $$ flea shampoos. I also have wood floors through out the house. There is a flea spray you can buy and spay in the house that will help. Oh and I have tried those $50 treatments that you put on your pets neck, they only work for about 2 weeks.