Monday, October 27, 2008

it's time for fragments...

I figure that this may be the best way for me to get back in the swing of things...

i got home yesterday... took the o'dark hundred flight (aka 6 am) which meant i was up at 3:30... read finally decided to just get up because i couldn't sleep... there was some crazy storm with wind and rain... gusts up to 50... i didn't even think my plane would leave...

at the airport all was good... left on time... connection good... good seats... good seat mates...

at SeaTac my boys were waiting... what a treat because it is usually me driving myself home... big hugs happy faces... stop for lunch...

this is where the fun begins...

super hubby - your car wouldn't start this morning...
me - why...
super hubby - no idea...
me - we'll deal with that after the game...
super hubby - one other thing... the router at home is not working so we have no phone or internet... (we use vonage for our phone)
me - are you kidding me...
super hubby - no, but i'll figure something out...

(we are poaching from our neighbors so i can do my work, i'm not sure it is poaching if they know but thank goodness i don't have to try dial up or hang out Starbucks all day to do my work...)


drive to soccer game... we get slaughtered... i swear there are 7 year olds in this club that play better than high schoolers...

as we are driving home B announces he has to go... he can't wait... can he just pee in a cup in the car...

he's heard a story about my younger brother peeing in a coke can on a road
trip and frankly i think he just wanted to give it a try...

so we let him... i almost vomit from the idea and smell of it all...

home at last... it STINKS... gerbil cage is awful... maybe i will vomit... next thing i know C is running around with no pants on because he had an accident in the middle of the family room, super hubby is trying to charge my car to see if that is the problem... and tells me to call the fleet manager road side assistance... I'm on the phone with them trying to get C to put some clothes on... B to clean up his Lego's which have taken over so he can clean his gerbil cage... but mad because he was in the middle of building the ultimate Lego creation so now he is crying about it... the chaos is not coming out of my fingers the way it felt... you'll have to trust me...

they are sending a tow truck... but wait... now the car starts... i'm still having it towed to the dealership... it's only 8 months old... the battery shouldn't be dead and the lights on the dash should not be flashing...

we are all standing in the driveway watching the tow truck driver hook up to my car... the neighbors are now watching...just watching.. not asking what is going on... i've now decided they think my car is being repo'd... i decide i don't care... i'm exhausted... jet lagged and ready for bed...

it's now morning... and i have no idea what time it really is??? could W have just left it alone... i thought i fixed this all with the electronics... every clock in my house confuses me...

7 thoughts:

Mandy said...

I am still laughing at "ultimate lego creation" !!

Amy W said...

Just another day in paradise, right? I think a day like that can only be described in fragments.... if you got into the details, you'd have The Corrections on your hands!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a day! I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Shannon said...

Sometimes it's good to just ramble...

Heidi said...

Oh honey, grab some coffee... just sit. Don't move, just sit, it will get better.

Anti-Supermom said...

I'm laughing at your neighbors thinking that your car is being repo'd. That is a hillarious image.

My neighbors would be the same way, but peeking through the blinds :)

MsTypo said...

I think we've all had those days. I hope you were able to recover from your jetlag without too much trouble. :)

Thanks for visiting on my BAtW day! :)